Menu
Settling in
Message 31 of 66 (1,484 Views)

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

I am having same issue I was watching a recording fine then when I went on normal channels it said there was no signal tried rebooting weren't out for 2 hours still not working tried to reset again still nothing just a sturdy blue light & a flashing red light what can I do?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 66 (1,470 Views)

Hi Hejg, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry that you've been experiencing some issues on the TV services. I've had a look into the TiVo and I can see that you will some assistance in getting this back working normal again. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page. If you can have a look and get back to me that would be brilliant.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 33 of 66 (1,456 Views)

Stuck on important message.

Today i set up my new tivo box, all was going well until i switched on my tv. A message came up saying 'important please do not switch off your set-top bos. Were updating your digital TV service, which may take a few minutes. Your box will restart automatically when this is complete' its been like this for hours and i cant get it off. Its says there are 3 stages but its stuck on stage one and just keeps repeating its self. I cant get in touch with no one from virgin media!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 34 of 66 (1,450 Views)

Re: Stuck on important message.

Hi Jaynie1x,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your new TiVo® isn't loading up properly.  I wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still getting this error and you haven't tried already then turn off the box and on again and this may help get it going again.

Please let me know how you're getting on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 35 of 66 (1,449 Views)

My normal channels from before still work fine it's the HDMI that won't work. I haven't got to watch anything on this new box because it's stuck like this. And same a blue light and a red flashing light. I'm waiting for a technician from Virgin come out. Ring them up & they will send somebody out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 36 of 66 (1,445 Views)

Hi Jaynie1x,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I can see you have an engineer appointment which is great to see.  Please do let me know how you get on after the appointment takes place.  I'm here to help if you need anything.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JLT
Joining in
Message 37 of 66 (1,300 Views)

I appear to have this issue as well. Got a new tv today, everything worked for an hour or so then just stuck on 'Starting up'.

Seems a bit crazy that a problem that is obviously widespread requires 1 to 1 support. I guess I will have to await this PM other people appear to have received. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 38 of 66 (1,284 Views)

Hi JLT,

Thank you for coming in and posting again Smiley Happy

I've been looking into this for you and I can imagine it's not the best. I would like to ask if you've been able to view your services since you last posted and after a reboot?

Many thanks and if you have any questions please let myself or one of the Team know.

Ben

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 39 of 66 (1,116 Views)

Sam issue - just received my first ever Tivo box after years of pretty much faultless service and changing my package from the old hd box.

Set up- easy. and worked without fault for two hours. Suddenly switched itself off and is now stuck in  a start up loop. Did all the usual resets but no joy

Called VM and have to wait four days for an engineer unless they get a cancellation. Very annoying and frustrating. I had heard many bad stories about the Tivo boxes and I put it down to bad luck for some as modern tech is so complex sometimes things can and do go wrong . I have now concluded that there is an inherent problem with Tivo boxes(Cisco?) and going back over more than five years of forum posts I see its a regular issue. 

Why haven't VM addressed it properly? Surely it must be costing he business and ultimately the customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 40 of 66 (1,102 Views)

Hi 84Peterf Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting again, welcome back Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that you're having some issues on the start of the booting sequence. I'd love to help but would need some additional information to access your account and run some preliminary checks.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

0 Kudos