Menu
Joining in
Message 21 of 66 (5,357 Views)

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

Hey all

Try holding the power button for 5 seconds untill the box resets, rather then switching off at the mains, I have see it work before for restoring a box, Bear in mind it will probably happen again at some point and if it is frequent the the box will probably need replacing. Watch ya recording if you can.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 22 of 66 (5,344 Views)

Hi Darkwing,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've got no TV or Broadband service.

I'm really pleased to hear an engineer has been booked for you. It won't be long until you're back connected to the world.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 23 of 66 (5,340 Views)

Hi richtea2014,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you've also got the "Starting Up" screen on the TiVo® box.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I'm seeing the power levels for both devices are out of range. This will need an engineer visit to resolve.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 24 of 66 (5,319 Views)

Basics

Hi Rich, You can tell I'm a newbie, I can't find the messages that you sent me.  Where will I find them please?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 25 of 66 (5,313 Views)

Re: Basics

richtea2014 wrote:

I can't find the messages that you sent me.  Where will I find them please?  Thanks.

Hi @richtea2014

You can access the private message area of your community account by clicking the red envelope in the upper-left hand side of the community page. Example image follows:

Or use this link to get there: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 26 of 66 (5,313 Views)

Re: Basics

Hi richtea2014,

To view any private messages click on the red envelope on the top left.

The last one I sent you was Friday 19th June at 9:17 AM.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 27 of 66 (4,877 Views)

Hi Virgin,

I've moved my box upstairs and I'm getting the same, solid blue light and flashing red with "starting up"

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 66 (4,862 Views)

Hi there kishan2890, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your TiVo® being stuck on the starting up screen, I'd really like to help you out. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum credentials and have run some testing and can see some issues I'd like to get looked at by a technician. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 29 of 66 (4,725 Views)

I had a V+ box (as my second box) and have just got at Tivo to replace it.  I've followed the set up instructions to the letter but have a solid blue light with a red light that flashes every now and then with "Starting up..." on the screen.  It's been like that for 12 hours.

An engineer is on his way but this seems to be a very common problem.  What is Virgin Media doing to get a permanent fix?  Are these boxes sub standard?

I pay a high price for my services and expect the equipment I receive to reflect what I pay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 30 of 66 (4,693 Views)

Hi Rocque,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® hasn't been loading up for you.  I can see you have an engineer calling round to get this fixed for you.

It would be great to hear how it all goes after your appointment, please keep me posted.  I'm here to help if you need anything.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos