Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 66 (53,508 Views)

Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

I recently unplugged my tivo box whilst cleaning the house. Last night I connected it up & all i see is a starting up screen.  I have a flashing red light on the front of my box & a solid blue one.I have tried all suggestions in the forum but nothing helps.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 66 (53,400 Views)

Re: Tivo box stuck on "Starting Up" screen !

Hi scorpion73,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your TiVo® box.

I have checked your account to investigate this issue and can see your box is still showing as offline. Based on what you've mentioned, this suggests to me that it's giving an offline status due to a fault rather than it still being turned off. 

To get this resolved, we will need to get an engineer out to you. I have sent you a PM to arrange a suitable timeslot Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 66 (53,287 Views)

Hi Virgin. Same problem for me. I've re - sited one of my TiVo boxes this am and it working fine. The other was working fine at first, for an hour or so, but it's now stuck on 'Starting up...' message with perm blue light and flashing red light to far right front of box. I've tried the advice in this and related posts but no joy. Is there anything else I can try without need for an engineer?
Forum Team
Message 4 of 66 (53,256 Views)

Hey ajgarcia

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. 

So I can take a closer look at this for you, could you respond to the private message I've sent you with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Joining in
Message 5 of 66 (53,208 Views)

Hi brand new box, stuck on starting up screen with blue light and red flashing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 66 (53,162 Views)

Hey Jurgenk

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a look at this from our end unfortunately. If you're able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information I'll take a look for you right away.

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 7 of 66 (53,139 Views)

it might be because its still going through its starting up process or in other words loading did it get installed buy engineer when you had it the blue light and red flashing seems to me as a fault on the box the best way to solve this is to let the virgin team deal with it because they can test the box to see if there is anything im only a member so i cant deal with your problem but that sounds to me like its starting up problem jurgenk

Well-informed
Message 8 of 66 (53,107 Views)

Re: Tivo box recordings picture break up

everytime i record a episode like coronation street theres a slight picture break up and casualty thats very poor at times they never seem good at times picture being received via recordings any answers please let me know if you see this please asap any replies cheers jonathan

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 9 of 66 (53,068 Views)

Re: Tivo box message reading well be back tv channel

everytime i switch my tivo on it flashes a message up on screen reading well be back and the channel is currently off air bbc 3 channel it keeps reading that blank message everytime i tune in i never have it on that channel it must be the set top box playing up please come back if you see this asap from jonathan it did it yesterday and now its still reading i cant understand why it tunes in to that channel and stays on it i will try a reboot see if that clears it many thanks

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 10 of 66 (53,030 Views)

Re: virgin cabinet serial number 285 and 286

those virgin cabinet doors have been left unlocked for a couple of days now both cabinets i contacted virgin 150 on sunday and they told me the problem as been reported and engineer will be inspecting but nothing yet please reply if you see this asap many thanks jonathan

0 Kudos