Menu
retrofly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck in starting up - One solid blue light, one flashing red

Hi

Yes the old starting up issue again.

We've been redecorating our living room for the past 2 weeks so the box has been unplugged.

Plugged back in today but its stuck on the "Starting Up" screem

We've already tried the following:

• Holding the standby button down
  • Taking the power out and plugging back in
  • Leaving the TV off while it powers on
  • Taking out the HDMI cable from the TiVo box and leaving for a few minutes while it boots up, then plugging the HDMI cable back in.

Four Lights on the right

[Blank][Blank][Flashing Red][Solid Blue]

Thanks

Luke

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck in starting up - One solid blue light, one flashing red

hi how long was the box unplugged for and did you disconnect the cable lead from the virgin control box the white cable box which leads from the tivo at back and connects to the white box if that was touched it might have made a connection fault from the box to tivo or was it unconnected from the back of the tivo it could be fault let forum team check it for you the test on tivo from jonni
0 Kudos
retrofly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Box was unplugged for about 2 weeks

I believe at some point the cables were all completely disconnected..

Note the router was left plugged in most of the time to the junction box and has worked fine.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes are designed to be left on (or in standby) connected to the VM Network. For security reasons Boxes not seen on the network for a set amount of time are automatically deactivated (this has always been the case even with older boxes) and will need a Hit (signal) sent to it. Though this should not stop the TiVo itself from Booting up. If the box was deactivated it would boot up and display the basic channels with a NON removable message on the screen saying there is a problem with the Account.

However the lights you describe is the point in the startup routing that the TiVo check the HDD and then the Authentication servers at VM and will stay like so if either the HHD has failed or the Authentication has failed against the VM servers. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
retrofly
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I guess I'll give them a call.

Luke

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi retrofly

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post, I've been able to locate your account and can see that an appointment has been arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look, which is excellent news.

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos