Menu
Greytopp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box slow

Contacted Virgin, told to reset, OK for a day then slow again. When I asked for an engineer visit today they told me again to reset and contact them again in 5 days. This has been going on for weeks now and getting worse, it took 2&1/4 hours to watch 3, 30min programs, my Raspberry Pi is faster.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box slow

An Engineer cant speed the box up, no point in one visiting
0 Kudos
Greytopp
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He c an if he swops it!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The new one will be slow too
0 Kudos
Greytopp
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rang Virgin AGAIN, usual sequence, then told that they would phone me in 2 - 3 days to arrange for engineer. Not holding my breath though.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This problem is affecting everyone AFAIK. This is why there is a sticky message at the top. A new box or a wiped box will still be affected(eventually). The problem is with the software not the otherwise old tech and underpowered box : (
0 Kudos
Greytopp
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Helpline promised compensation for our problems said would phone back, didn't.

Phoned again, they fiddled with it, said he would phone back at 10.00 AM nect day, phoned at 11.20 and left a message.

Engineer came and swopped box, hard drive was off balance, now seems OK. So much for compensatio, now notified that price

is going up yet again, looking for alternative.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greytopp

Sorry for the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your service, thanks for taking the time to keep us updated though, I'm really glad to hear things are working as they should at the moment.

If anything changes or you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos