Menu
lespaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box slow?

I find the Tivo box badly designed and slow!! Im talking around 15 secs to respond to a command.Cant see when its on,the red recording lights are almost impossible to see,and the hand set is a joke!!

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box slow?

This might speed it up a bit.

From the Home screen. Press Thumbs down, Thumbs up, Play, Play.
You should then hear a beep and the screen will blank for a few seconds. When it comes back, the box should be a bit more responsive.

Also, if you still have a viewing card, remove it. It's not needed on Tivos anymore, and removing it can speed up the responsiveness.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lespaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,Thanks,tried that,but I found certain features didnt wor.ie catch up etc.
I turned it off then re booted and although the features came back,its the same speed.
Engineer coming out wednesday if he wont replace box with a faster one.Im off back to Sky as I happen to thing there boxes are much bettter?
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Haven't used the Sky Q but based on the Sky+HD, I think the box is generally quicker to respond, but I have used the 3 tuner recordings too many times to go back.  Now the Q has come up, it is tempting to consider come contract renewal time.

I prefer the Sky implementation of On Demand (i.e downloaded to the box to play as you want, rather than rely on live streaming) - probably done that way to allow for slow broadband - but I don't like the way that you can't access BBC iPlayer to download remotely (other channels you can)  - but when it works, the Tivo app can be more flexible.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
lespaul
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree re.BBC I player,another annoying feature?
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

On the Tivo?  All the apps on the Tivo are slow for me, I use the ones via the Smart TV.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi lespaul,

Welcome to the Community!

Let us know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lespaul
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came over today and fitted a new box.

Same as the old one,slow slow slow and still cant see any indicator lights on the front.

The whole thing is rubbish!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi lespaul

I'm sorry to hear about your recent appointment, did the engineer check the new box after installing it? If so, did it work fine while he/she was there or were they able to see the slowness your mentioning?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lespaul
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Basically said thats how they are and a new box is coming out? However,he changed it and guess what? Not only just as slow,this one turns itself of when it feels like it!!!

Another engineer is coming out on wednesday. TBH, Im fed up with Virgin,what with a week with no internet,and all this trouble in the space of three months,not good?

0 Kudos