Menu
wheelnutter
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box problems

Hi can someone else access my Tivo Box?

Programmes are  getting recorded that are not mine ( I see the record symbol saying they are recording ) and when I look for them they are not there.  The biggest problem is recordings I make are sometimes cut short or have been deleted. Sometimes I want to record something and find it won't record because three other recording are happening at the same time that are not mine. It also stops me from changing channels when this happens. Is my Tivo box signal on the same frequency as my neighbours? Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box problems

It's probably suggestions recording. The TiVo is programmed to work out what you watch and record anything it thinks you'd like to watch. 

Turn them off if you don't want them to interfere with your series links. If you don't like TiVo Suggestions making recordings for you, you can turn it off.
Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.
How do I teach my TiVo box what I like watching? - Help - Virgin Media
help.virginmedia.com › viewArticl

0 Kudos
wheelnutter
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. I have already turned that particular suggestion off. Think it's more serious than that.

Many thanks the quick reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wheelnutter, 

A warm welcome to the forum community Smiley Happy

This certainly is an odd one if it isn't suggestions causing the issue.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.  

If you have turned off suggestions already, it may be worth while trying to delete Thumbs ratings/suggestions using this method:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > CLEAR OR RESET TIVO BOX > CLEAR THUMBS RATINGS & SUGGESTIONS > OK > 

This will clear out any left over data that shouldn't be there that may be causing these odd recordings.  It can take a few minutes to go through, give it a bash and see how you get on.  

I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos