Menu
GrahamPeacock
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box playback problems/freeze restart.

My recorded programmes play for a while then freeze, i cannot rewind,fast forward or stop, I cant escape from the frozen screen by pressing any commands, after a while with no response the tivo box turns itself off then eventually back on again.  I try to watch the programe again, either from the beginning or resume play but the same thing happens, I go through the on off sequence again and then try to fast forward past the point where it froze in the first place but guess what, it freezes at the same point and I am stuck again waiting for the box to turn off and on again.

This has happened on at least 4 different recordings on different chanels on different days over the past few weeks,

I have turned the whole system off lots of times and left it off overnight,

Any ideas?

wyabcp
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box playback problems/freeze restart.

I have same problem, box doesn't rest though, if I leave it for a minute or so, playback restarts ok
0 Kudos
GrahamPeacock
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not what happens to mine. Box is rubbish. Resets on play back. Time to bin the virgin.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello GrahamPeacock,

Sorry to hear this is happening with your TiVo® box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

Is the freezing only happening with recordings or are you seeing this happen on live channels too?

If it's just the recordings then it sounds like a hard drive fault and I would recommend going through a reformat of the hard drive to fix this.

You can do this by going to -

Home - Help and Settings - Clear and Reset TiVo - Clear and delete everything.

Then you will see a couple of easy to follow instructions which will allow you to complete the reformat.

Please let me know how you get on or if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos