Menu
Janecampbell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box pixelating

Hi, my Tivo box keeps pixelating on most channels. I keep rebooting it but doesn't make a difference. when i 'phone customer service, they just want to reboot it remotely all the time. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
enigma666
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box pixelating

Janecampbell wrote:

Hi, my Tivo box keeps pixelating on most channels. I keep rebooting it but doesn't make a difference. when i 'phone customer service, they just want to reboot it remotely all the time. Can anyone help please?

Hi Jane.

I have had same problem with all the TiVo boxes so far.

The only things that's helped slightly is to delete all the "thumbs"  ratings and then to disable the suggestions option and the restart the box.

It has not cured the problem totally but has seemed to ease it.

An engineer who came to check my latest TiVo replacement box and cabling told me about this "fix".

Hope this is some use to you as every time I contacted the "Tech" team I was told just to restart the box, which achieved absolutely nothing.

Mike

0 Kudos
Janecampbell
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. I'll try your tip and see how I get on
0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

does it happen at 10-15 minutes past the hour or recordings made at that time?   OR can it happen at any time?

If the former see thread that I frequent as there's a definite repeatable issue for some

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TIVO-picture-glitches-at-10-mins-past-...

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos