Menu
talibhshah
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box not working

So about 2 months ago or 1 month ago there were lightning strikes around my area, the next morning my tivo box was not working. I tested the hdmi all over the place on laptops, ps4, xbox one and its working but on the tivo box it says no signal. I haven't really had time to phone virgin up. Could there be a link with the lightning strike or did my tivo box just randomly break? and is it broken? cuz there is no other that i know which i could carry out.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box not working

If your TV has a scary socket you could try connecting TiVo to TV with a scary cable. 

On on the whole though you'll prob end up phoning in for an engineer as I doubt the Lightning had anything to do with your troubles 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's common for hdmi sockets to fry during thunderstorms, I had 8 flats in the same street with various failures when lightning struck a building

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Talibhshah,

Many thanks for the message here in the Community and I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to use some of the services in the home. I'd love to help and I've been able to run some needed tests, looks like I've not been able to respond to the TiVo.

Can you please tell me if the box was on at the time of my message?

Keep in touch and thanks for popping by.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talibhshah, 

Just popping back a message to check how things are? Looking into this a little more I can confirm that my tests are not reaching the box here. 

As of these results, I'd like to arrange an engineer to come out and look into this. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos