Menu
llrn267683
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box not loading netflix or online features

Hi wonder if you can help.

We have two TiVo boxes in our house and one will not load any of the on demand features or Netflix and no error messages are displayed. It just says they are unavailable right now.

This started happening about a month ago sporadically but is now a constant problem. We have spoken to tech support who sent an engineer out. He spent a few minutes looking at the issue, told me its an area problem and they have no way of fixing it at present. The engineer was booked to return today but has just called to say the problem is still not fixed and there is still no ETA.

How do we get some traction on this issue please as it seems to be going nowhere. The engineer can't escalate but has given me the remedy ticket ref. If you check the service status there are no reported issues. If this is affecting multiple customers in my area surely this gets the attention of someone?

Heeelp!

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box not loading netflix or online features

Ok. Well I don't work for virgin so can't do much but have you tried 

home-help-settings-network-connect to VM?

since nothing us mentioned on the status page which u would think it would be them u never know you're luck! Might work 

0 Kudos
llrn267683
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parrotperson,

Thanks for the suggestion - I have tried that (although not in the last few days) and the box connects and then just sits there at the downloading config bit.

The engineer I spoke to said that the Tivo box makes the connection ok but then just sits there waiting.....same for all other affected users.

0 Kudos
sibv1970
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Don't know where you are but myself and others are experiencing the same in RG12. I also posted similar yesterday.

No fix. No time frame for a fix. No compensation or reduction in bill. The advice I was given was to report it as a fault. I had. Often.

Be interesting to see where you get.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello llrn267683,

Thanks for posting and I'm very sorry to hear this is happening with your TiVo® box.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see that this outage has now been closed as resolved, I've sent some signals to the box so could you reset the box at the mains and try it again for me please.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello sibv1970,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue, I would like to take a look into this for you but I'll need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your scree you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos