Menu
Ma66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box not connected Error (C133)

I have a new Tivo box I received yesterday as part of a TV downgrade and have been trying to connect. However, channels are missing and I get Some Features are not Available right now. I can only watch live channels but can't record or anything. 

I get this message on screen: Error C133

I called 150 but it was useless. In fact they messed me around so much and caused me a lot of stress because they were rude and no help at all. They were more concerned with my password and whose account it was and even though i answered all security questions correctly they were still being annoying and treating me like a child even though I am a grown woman. 

Please help me sort out my problem. Is this because I downgraded my TV service? I mean who can blame me. We were on XL but it was too expensive and we are a low income household. Can't afford it. 

I just want to use my Tivo box. Is that too much to ask?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box not connected Error (C133)

Howdy Ma66,

Cheers for popping your question to us and so sorry to hear about that error you have there in the TiVo. After running some needed tests to the TiVo it  looks like that some of the input levels, (signal levels), are out of spec and would certainly need looking into now.

With no known outage in the area, I'd like to arrange that one of our trained engineer can visit the home and help remedy the situation.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Howdy Ma66,

Cheers for popping your question to us and so sorry to hear about that error you have there in the TiVo. After running some needed tests to the TiVo it  looks like that some of the input levels, (signal levels), are out of spec and would certainly need looking into now.

With no known outage in the area, I'd like to arrange that one of our trained engineer can visit the home and help remedy the situation.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ma66,

Thanks for the reply in the PM Smiley Happy

I'm just popping by to check on how everything got on in the end?

Keep in touch as we'd all like to know here and certainly hope that things are looking on the up with no more errors Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben Smiley Happy

Ma66
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

All seems OK after engineer visit. Turns out there was a fault with the Tivo box so he changed it for a new one.

Thanks again for your help Smiley Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ma66,

That is fabulous news! 

I'm chuffed things are working well for you now with a new shiny one, and thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

If there's anything that you need or if you have any burning questions, please stay in touch and pop in whenever you need.

Take care and thanks for visiting the Community.

Ben :

0 Kudos