Menu
upholland77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box making speakers buzz

Bought a new Tivo box. Couple of months ago. Renewed contract.

Today: cannot use the amp or speakers connected to it because of an incessant buzzing EXCEPT when the BOX is ASLEEP or disconnected. Buzzing started today.

This is really loud.

There is an isolator from the previous box in the back of the hub. Nothing has changed. Plug sockets the same. Blu ray (now disconnected) did not create the buzzing.

Also......................box is now outputting "one moment" and is frozen.

Is this a record for a piece of kit?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box making speakers buzz

Hi upholland77

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Can you talk us through how you've got your amp and speakers connected to the TV? If you're using a jack cable then it could be a cable issue, if you're able to test that? 

Does the buzzing occur if you have the sound through the TV? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
upholland77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for the contact.

Everything is HDMI and goes from the Tivo v6 to a receiver/amp and then 5.1 speakers. The TV sound is off.

I have a replacement receiver/amp arriving today so we shall see if it is a machine fault at our end.

Edward

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Edward

I look forward to hearing how the replacement system goes, if you're still experiencing issues let us know and I'll do what I can to help.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos