Menu
Scott_Crichton
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box making noise

Hi,

New to the community but hoping someone can help?

Had VM installed about two weeks ago at my new property. Right from the first day I noticed my Tivo box was making an odd rumbling/clicking type noise constantly. At first I thought it was a distant noise of the neighbours TV coming through the wall! But on closer inspection it sounds like it could be the hard drive or some other electrical component in the Tivo.

I'd manage to block out the noise most of the time but sometimes it becomes really noticeable over the TV sound and hard to ignore.. so I've lived with it for two weeks now and enough is enough I've had Tivo before and not had any issues.

Quick google made me realise this is common, does anyone know can this be fixed or is it a case of needing to get a new Tivo box? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box making noise

Hi Scott_Crichton,

Welcome to the forum community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is running on the noisy side, it does sound like form your description that the hard drive may have an issue.  We're unable to detect this remotely at this time.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and sort this for you.  I will send the details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box making noise

Hi Scott_Crichton,

Welcome to the forum community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is running on the noisy side, it does sound like form your description that the hard drive may have an issue.  We're unable to detect this remotely at this time.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and sort this for you.  I will send the details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos