Menu
gilster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps getting stuck in boot loop

My 1TB Tivo box seems to reboot itself every couple of days, but then gets stuck in a loop. You can resolve this by switching off, unplugging and starting again. This will allow it to boot correctly. However the EPG wont fully update leaving lots of TBA on channels. Running the test from the website leads to a mesage of test inconclusive. I guess a call to 150 is required but really dont wont to lose the box for a replacement due to the amount of unwatched content their! Anyone have any suggestions that may help?

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps getting stuck in boot loop

Hi gilster

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment, it's really not something we want for you.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box for you. We're detecting some issues from our end and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. Sorry again for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

On a side note, thank you for being my 6000th public post on the Community Man Happy

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gilster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Craig,

Engineer has just visited and after quickly looking through the diagnostics said he would need to replace box. Obviously with a lot of recordings on the box I really dont want this to happen. He said it could be a power supply problem so changed the power lead and placed some sort of filter thing to the cable feeds of box and internet. Also plugged straight to mains rather than extension lead. He asked me to call him back if problem reoccurs. The problem seems to be happening overnight as between my wife going to bed last night and me getting in from work at 0130 this morning the box was in the boot loop. Is there anything your tests reveal that would confirm or disprove this to be the case. Is swapping the box the easiest thing for the engineer or is a more complex fix a possibility. As I say I really dont want to lose the recordings and some things on their are not likely to be repeated any time soon.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm sorry to hear that we've not been able to get this completely resolved for you yet. 

Swapping the set top box is normally a last resort, so the engineer will look to other ways to getting this resolved before doing so. Have you been in touch with the engineer since the visit?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ANNAtank
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

try this 

turn off

unplug hdmi and the virgin cable then turn on and see if it works once give it 2 mins then put the hdmi in see if it got through the boot then put the virgin cable in 

i think it because the ram and the cash need to be flush with out input and out put their 

hope this worked

0 Kudos