Menu
mrcgbrown85
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps freezing and rebooting

Hi

My Tivo box keeps freezing and rebooting itself, it has been doing this for a while now (approx 7 weeks). I have reset the box on a number of occasions, I have also spoke to customer service. They again reset the box and said all was good from their end.

They did state that I have had the box for 4 years, this got me thinking do the Tivo boxes have a shelf life of about 4 years. Also reading a few of threads on this forum it sounds like the hard drive on my box is on its way out.

Please could someone at VM confirm this is the case or advise on what I should do next?

Thanks 

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps freezing & rebooting

Hi mrcgbrown85

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I'd really like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately. So that I can do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martyboi9
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps freezing and rebooting

I've started to have exactly the same problem with my TiVo. I have a brand new box and an original one of approx 4 years old. Both of them have started to pixelate and freeze despite no changes to the connection or apparent signal issues and twice now the older box has just suddenly initiated a complete reboot. Personally I suspect Virgin may be guilty of trying to squeeze far too much data down the line and this is what's causing issues, not the age of the boxes or state of the hard drives . If the signal isn't as clean as it once was, the boxes are more likely to display errors or crash completely. I hope that someone can look at this and give an honest response and resolution.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello martyboi9,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have located your account and the signals on the box are looking good at the moment so if you haven't already could you ensure all cables are secure at the back of the box please?

Please let me know if you're still experiencing a freezing picture as I may need to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

martyboi9
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for contacting me. Apparently, the tech guys are dealing with a problem affecting signal quality in Southampton for everyone. I'm supposed to be receiving a text when it's resolved. No texts yet 😕
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello martyboi9,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information.

Has there been any improvement since your post? Please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
martyboi9
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fingers crossed its not happened recently. No idea if the network fault was fixed though - never did get a text.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news, thanks for letting me know that things are looking better.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos