Menu
dp391
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box issues sound and recordings

I currently have a recording that is on my box as being '1 day 10 hours and 43 minutes' long, which is totally absurd. When I play, it is 2hours and 4 minutes because before the show I have set to record, there are two other half hour recordings. This is ridiculous because I now have to sit and fast forward rather than just being able to play my show... it's quicker to go to on demand! This is happening a lot recently, and it is frustrating.

Also, my TiVo box keeps losing sound when I change channel, and I have to change channel sometimes 3 or 4 times before the sound clicks in again. Why? Nothing else has changed on y TV or sound bar, this has only happened since my TIVO last updated.

My TIVO is ALWAYS slow. I wait around 30 seconds for any response to 'home,' 'my shows' or 'guide' buttons, and I've only recently had a new remote control, so it's not that.

I'm losing the will to have my TIVO now, and am desperately trying to find the services I want elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box issues sound and recordings

If, as seems to be the case, you have corrupt recordings, then it's possible you have an issue with the HDD in the box.
Give them a ring to get it looked at and a replacement sorted.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
dp391
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box issues sound and recordings

Thanks, I also forgot with regards to the sound, that the oddest thing ever happens sometimes when I play a recording... I get all the background sound, but no foreground and no speaking! I have to stop the recording and start playing it again, sometimes two or three times before it works... never know anything like it!!! Weird!

0 Kudos