Menu
Trekker60
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box is slow to sync with receiver

Hi

I'm new to Virgin Media. I have the receiver of my home entertainment system connected via HDMI to the Tivo box. When I switch them on, the system can take anything up to 10 mins to initiate and provide a picture or sound. Does anyone know whether this is the norm? If not can it be rectified? Obviously the issue may be with the receiver.  Also I see there are a lot of issues with noisy Tivo boxes on this site. Again is this normal, or can it be rectified?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
memememe
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box is slow to sync with receiver

Hi Trekker60

Nope, thats not normal. Waking up a Tivo from power saving should take no more than a minute. If you had network issues it would still wake up at the same speed but not load any images in the discovery bar at the top of the home screen.

Not sure where the problem could be though but let Virgin tivo support know, let the community know how you get on, may help someone else.

0 Kudos

All Replies
memememe
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Trekker60

Nope, thats not normal. Waking up a Tivo from power saving should take no more than a minute. If you had network issues it would still wake up at the same speed but not load any images in the discovery bar at the top of the home screen.

Not sure where the problem could be though but let Virgin tivo support know, let the community know how you get on, may help someone else.

0 Kudos
Trekker60
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi memememe

Thanks for the response I'll do that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Trekker60,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for taking the time to reach out Smiley Happy

I can see you've already met one of the members, thanks Memememe Smiley Happy

I've been looking into this and have been wondering how you've been getting on? After running some diagnostics I was able to see that the TV services are working well, however the broadband's downstream power levels aren't working as they should. In their current state this will produce a fault later unless looked at. 

I would like to send someone out to have a look here and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

memememe
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trekker60

How did it all pan out in the end for you?

0 Kudos