Menu
stew0014
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box getting slower and slower

Hello.

My Tivo box appears to be slowing down alarmingly. It's at the point now where 10secs to respond to key press is pretty common place, and its often much worse. Is there anything I can do or do I just need to phone for an engineer ?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box getting slower and slower

Hey!

Sounds simple but a doing a quick reboot (turning it off and on again) can really help with this issue. If that doesn't work, try changing the batteries in the remote!

Hope it works for you Smiley Happy 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stew0014,

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today with the TiVo® service.  Have things got a bit faster since doing a reboot that Wedge34 suggested?

If you are still experiencing slow responses from the TiVo® box, let me know and I can help further.  

I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stew0014
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_t

Reboot didn't really make any difference so I'm keen to hear any other thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stew0014

Thanks for coming back and posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the TiVo being slow, I'd love to help here and I've been looking into all devices in the home, looks like one of your boxes is showing offline. Can you tell me if one of them is turned off. 

As far as I can see all others are working well here.

Keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
stew0014
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenD_H

Thanks for coming back. Not sure why a box is showing offline as both are on permanently. Any ideas ?

Stewart

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stew0014 Smiley Happy

Looking at this it may be that the box isn't supplying us the right info right now. If this is on and currently working, can you please tell me what what stages you're seeing the TiVo being slow? I'd like to know if this is slow at certain times of the day?

I did notice that the Input levels on one of the boxes is a little off, however this should affect your viewing services as you've mentioned. Can you please reboot the boxes so I may run some further diagnostics?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
unisoft
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

stew0014 wrote:

Hello.

My Tivo box appears to be slowing down alarmingly. It's at the point now where 10secs to respond to key press is pretty common place, and its often much worse. Is there anything I can do or do I just need to phone for an engineer ?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

They are all like that now! Each software upgrade has made an initial fast box into a dog.

Mine does random stuff, its hardly used too. Press a key and wait sometimes for 45 seconds.

The box is now out of date. They need a proper platform powered by apps like smart TV.

I have the original Cisco TIVO not the inferior Samsung one too.

0 Kudos