Menu
Dewbers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box freezing

Hi,

Recently the TiVo would freeze whilst watching our recordings, now tonight it has been doing it every hour or so whilst watching live tv.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box freezing

Sounds as if you have signal issues.

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Dewbers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi printerelf,

Appreciate your response.

I was looking at the "system info" last night and the signal strength was showing at 59% so you may be correct in your assumptions.

I will get onto the technical team when I am home later and log it with them directly.

Thanks again

Dewbers

0 Kudos
Dewbers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, an update to my original post.

I called 150 and after describing the symptoms' they duly dispatched a replacement 1tb box.

I have now switched over the replacement box, connected up and called the automated activation line. I switched it on and the box is now going through a cycle of (sounds like) the hard drive booting up and down, with all the lights flashingRRG RRRR (R - red G - green).

I called 150 spoke to an operator who said she would resend the Box activation signal, but to wait upto one hour, when I asked about the Lights flashing and the sound of the hard drive, she said that this was normal.

Can anyone else confirm this? She may be right as I sit here, ten minutes later and the lights still flashing, but to me it seems like a drive failure.

Appreciate any comments.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I love your logo, I think their is sometimes no substitute for a engineers visit because of the problems you are experiencing they have equipment to do that on the spot
Dewbers
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi I love your logo, I think their is sometimes no substitute for a engineers visit because of the problems you are experiencing they have equipment to do that on the spot

Thanks for the logo comment, I agree with you, called 150 back and have booked an engineer for Tuesday, personally I think it is a duff replacement box, but we will see. Have put original but faulty box back in service, and hope it doesn't freeze during the Football coverage!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dewbers

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, things are looking good from our end at the moment so I hope that means the service is working as it should for you? Man Happy

If not, let us know and I'll do what I can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dewbers
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig_D

Thanks for getting in touch.

So far so good with the replacement of the replacement box. Christmas viewing was unaffected!

Best regards

Dewbers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dewbers

That's excellent news! Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

You know where to find us should you need any assistance with your services moving forwardMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos