Menu
bjohnt
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box freezing

My Tivo is constantly freezing when on the red button. I have another older set on which the red button transmissions are working fine at the same time, so it seems to be a Virgin system problem. Sometimes the system will start up again, sometimes it goes into a "fast forward" mode, other times it just sits there and sulks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box freezing

Hi Bjohnt,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment, welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the TiVo box freezing, I've been checking the box and I've been able to find an issue.

I'd like to send an engineer out  and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bjohnt
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Adam (engineer) came, he was only here about 15 minutes. He fitted an attenuator in the line and tested the system. Seems OK now but we have yet to check all the features - we noticed yesterday that YouTube was suffering as was the red button. One of your guys on the phone told me to get the red button channel on 991, and that works well. I had to reboot the modem after he had left but it was then running at well over the 150Mbps. So - fingers crossed.

JT

0 Kudos
bjohnt
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Regret problem has not been fully resolved by the attenuator. It is better but not solved - still locks up on the red button. It worked fine for about an hour, then resorted to its old tricks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bjohnt, 

Thank you for the follow up message after the engineer,

I'm sorry to hear that the Red button hasn't been working as it should again. 

I've been testing the connection and so far I can see that everything is working well in comparison to when I ran some tests prior and found some signal issues. Can you tell me if everything is working again? 

Ben

0 Kudos
bjohnt
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for delay in reply. I will look tonight and let you know. 

JT

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bjohnt,

Thank you for your reply and also apology in my own here! Smiley Happy

I'm just wondering how everything looking now with the Red button? I have been testing the connection again and can see that my results mirror previous ones and that things are much better Smiley Happy

I hope you're doing well with the build up to Christmas Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
bjohnt
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Regret we have not looked yet (the snooker is over for now, and we have channel 991 for one channel of the red button offerings anyway!!). Will do so when Christmas is over. All the best to you.

JT

0 Kudos