Menu
Draig37
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box freezes

Our tivo box keeps freezing have to reboot at the mains and this then interferes with recordings.
The box is less than a year old and is getting worse.
Any advice please
0 Kudos
Draig37
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box freezes

Also started to do it on live TV too btw
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Draig37, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issue with the TiVo® freezing, and I'd really love to help you out. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see that it appears as if your TiVo® is currently powered off, however this may be down to the fault that you're seeing. 

If the box is powered off, could you please power it back on and leave it powered on to allow us to run some testing (leaving it in Standby is fine), once it's powered on please let me know by replying. 

However if it was powered on at the time of testing, then this would indicate that there is an issue which will need to be addressed. Again, let me know if this is the case. 

Many thanks and I look forward to your reply. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Draig37
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It's powered on. It mainly does it when watching recorded items which would indicate a fault with the hard drive etc.
Is this a known problem?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Draig37,

Thanks for your swift reply, I've run the testing again, and this time I was able to get more details, whilst the box is showing as offline I was unable to check the hard drive. 

Now that it's showing as online, I've checked the hard drive, and as you guessed it does appear to be an issue there. 

So I'd like to arrange for a technician to call out and let you know, I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos