Menu
Jonesey
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box constantly rebooting. Why?

Nothing but problems the last few days.

Last night we had "to be announced on ALL channels" .I did a complete reset hoping this would fix the problem and it seemed to be ok.

Tonight it's different.

Switching the TV no (everything has been on standby throughout the day) and it keeps on saying "No HDMI connection - please check cables & source device. No luck with this - cables are fine, correct source device selected.

Now the box is constantly rebooting, I get the Starting Up message but that's as far as it gets. Then it reboots.

Please help!!

0 Kudos
Jonesey
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box constantly rebooting. Why?

Ok, I called 151 and was dealt with by a very helpful gentleman who managed to sort it out remotely.

Thanks, whatever your name was!

0 Kudos
DPP
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

For the last week or maybe more I have to restart the box at least 10-12 times a day ! 

It started to be very annoying, mostly when I watch a movie or a game - and BOOOM black screen.

I will definitely search to switch my contract after it finishes -  I didn't expect such a bad serves!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonesy Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming to the Community for the first time. I'd like to welcome you Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that one of the team hasn't been in touch sooner but I'm chuffed that things are working well for you after calling the team Smiley Happy

I hope that you can come back soon and if there's anything that you may need, please let me know. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jonesey
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenD_H

I have another issue today.

I switched on the television this morning and it seems the Tivo box is completely frozen.

It is stuck on channel 501 (Sky Sports) and the television is displaying a frozen image.

I cannot change channel, access the TV guide or anything.

I have rebooted the Tivo box but had to leave the house to go to work, so I won't know if this will cure the problem until I get home tonight.

My wife is adamant that we need a new Tivo box as we've had nothing but problems with this one since it was installed.

Thanks,

Jonesey

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonesey,

Thanks for coming back to us, I'm sorry to hear that you've had multiple issues with the TiVo® service.  I would like to help with the recent fault you've been experiencing.

At the moment I have not been able to locate your account to carry out any checks with the box.  I will sent you a private message requesting further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos