Menu
AndyAshwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box clicking and rebooting

Hi,

My Tivo box gets part way through a recording then makes clicking noises (which sound like a hard disk retrying a read) for about 30 seconds then the playback either stops or the box reboots.

This sounds like the hard drive is dying to me and we have had the tivo box for several years so I suppose its to be expected.

Is there any way to check through the menus to see if the hardware is failing? If it is the ard drive then can you just buy another disk and replace the one in the box?

Cheers,
Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box clicking and rebooting

There are no customer accessible diagnostics. Only customer services can use these.

The HDD used in TiVO's are hard encoded to the boxes, & cannot be interchanged. You will be able to transfer your series links, but any recording will be lost. Don't forget, Virgin's equipment is rented. You don't own it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box clicking and rebooting

Hi AndyAshwood,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and can see you have a technician booked in. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos