Menu
raylr77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box buzzes then freezes

Tivo box is making a high pitched buzzing sound and freezes for a couple of seconds when watching recordings, have not noticed until the last couple of days. I am aware there have been technical problems over the last couple of days within the area so may because of this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box buzzes then freezes

Hi taylr77,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the recordings.  I'd like to help check this further for you.

I can see that you have more than 1 box.  Does the fault occur on just the one box or all of them?  

Also does it happen on live channels as well, or is this issue specific to recordings?  

If you can let me know I can check further, keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
raylr77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T

It only happens on one box and the high pitch noise occurs on live TV as well but it doesn't freeze.

When I turned the TV on tonight the Tivo box had completely frozen and had to restart, on restart the box made a ticking noise like a failing hard drive it had also not recorded any of the programmes it was meant to record.

Would also be useful if you could talk to tech support without the system having to check for faults before you can do anything after all I doubt a HDD problem will be picked up.

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Raylr77,

Thank you for your response and keeping us in the loop.

I'm sorry that this is still ongoing and I would like to help out here. I have been looking into the TiVo and whilst I've been able to see some healthy devices I was able to see some issues on the broadbands signal levels. I would like to have the TV looked at and whilst this is being checked.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos