Menu
marc_lucas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box audio & picture out of sync, picture freezing or pixelated

This problem seems to be getting worse, the audio & video is out of sync & also the video freezes or repeats the same picture over & over, I’ve tried restarting & deleting programs to free up space with no luck.

The box is about 3-4 years old, should I ask for a replacement, I have some IT knowledge & I’d say the HDD is failing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box audio & picture out of sync, picture freezing or pixelated

Hi there marc_lucas, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your TiVo® is experiencing some issues at the moment, I guess it must be really difficult to watch things from what you've described. 

I've done some testing on your TiVo® and have seen no errors reported on the hard drive, however there does seem to be an issue with power levels being slightly higher than the norm. 

I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and investigate this for you,  so I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon. Please click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there marc_lucas, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you were able to view my message from last week with the offer of a technician, as I've not had a reply. 

If you're still experiencing the sound issue and would like me to arrange this, please let me know. 

Many thanks 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
marc_lucas
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes thanks for your reply, I still have the fault, it only happens on recordings, this is why I though it was a failing HDD.

We have two Tivo boxes & it is only one that has this issue, so it must be the box?

I was hoping to fix the issue myself if I could have a new Tivo box sent out.

I would need to book a day off work if I was to book an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We would be unable to send out a replacement TiVo® as we would need a technician to check things over. My initial diagnostics did not see any physical issues with the box at all, though it did with power levels.

This may be down to a fault piece of cable feeding the second TiVo®, the TiVo® its self or even one of the connections from the outside to the box. 

We maybe able to get someone out to you on a rota day off, however if this is not possible, it doesn't need to be you personally at the premises, as long as the person is over the age of 18, and knows what the issue is, we can arrange a technician for you. 

If you'd like for me to arrange someone to call out, just let me know.

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos
marc_lucas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We are still have issues with my our tv channels, on all 3 boxes the picture & sound goes out of sync also the picture turns pixelated etc.

Also the internet has been running very slow & all afternoon it has not worked at all, i'm having to use my iPhone data to add this post.

Can I book an engineer to visit please?

Thanks, Marc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marc

Thanks for getting back to us, Huw isn;t here at the moment so I hope you don't mind me picking this up.

I've sent you a private message with information regarding a possible appointment, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos