Menu
michelrosier
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box and bose 48 video signal issue

I own a bose 48 with SL 2 box behind it

received my tivo box last week

tried to install and got code 801 on the bose system (harddisk gone)this was now repaired including software update en some other updates

tried to i stall again and whatever i try i cant get a video signal

after hours of fruitless attempts i found one workaround meaning i have attached the tv hdmi cable straight into the tivo box  imstead of running hdmi cable from tivo into sl2 and thenusing the sl2 ouput hdmi connection  using another hdmi into the tv

This works but also means i cannot use dvd player anymore as i cant get a video signal while using the sl2...

does this mean the sl 2 box is broken?

all connections have been attached in the proper way i am sure

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box and bose 48 video signal issue

SL2?

Basically, if the box you're connecting through doesn't support the correct HDCP protocol then it's not going to happen.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SL2?

Basically, if the box you're connecting through doesn't support the correct HDCP protocol then it's not going to happen.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
michelrosier
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying

have been browsing on the topic and makes sense

checked tivo discussion and bose as well

now i am reading there are 2 solutions being component  cables from tivo into the box or buying a signal transformer or something and put this between the hdmi cable coming from tivo befoe going into bose

what would you recommend in the second case?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you not pass HDMI into the TV, and optical into the Bose system, either direct from the TiVo, or from the TV?

0 Kudos