Menu
ollieth
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box and SuperHub in different rooms

Hi,

Got my Superhub and Tivo Box yesterday, however the aerial and the internet wall socket are in seperate rooms. Does the Tivo box HAVE to be connected to the wall via the splitter thing or is there an alternative?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box and SuperHub in different rooms

ollieth wrote:

Hi,

Got my Superhub and Tivo Box yesterday, however the aerial and the internet wall socket are in seperate rooms. Does the Tivo box HAVE to be connected to the wall via the splitter thing or is there an alternative?

is this a self install?

if it is then you can place your kit anywhere the VM co-ax terminates. at this point you can either screw that cable into whichever device you want to situate there or into a splitter to allow 2 devices at that location.

if not, and somewhat ignoring your use of "internet wall socket" and "aerial", here's how it works...

you get your VM feed from the street on an external cable which makes its way into your house to a more tidy looking box from which comes your white internal co-ax cable.

this cable can be split anywhere along its length should you require your "devices" (hub/TiVO/multiple TiVO's) to be installed on different locations.

I have both my TiVO and hub situated within 3 feet of each other so my split is at the end of the run with short cables feeding both devices.

hope this helps, get back with any further questions.

0 Kudos