Menu
DeanoJW
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box: ALL Channels "To be announced" solution

Goodday Virgin Team,

I have been a VIP member for some years now and besides the odd issue, have had good service in general.

This has come abruptly to a halt about a month ago when several channels started showing no programme information data (or "to be announced" in multiple channels). This has steadily deteriorated into every channel now displaying this text for the last two weeks or more.

After reading various similar issues online, I have already completed the following:

1. Rebooted the Tivo box via three methods; via the front Standby button, the rear "on/off" switch and also turned off the electricity at the mains.

2. After rebooting on each occasion, I then selected to start a new "Network Connection" to the Virgin Media Service to load information. All of these attempts have failed (all buffering between 3-5% loading, then remaining at these percentages indefinitely.)

3. Prior to this I also deleted the "Clear Programme Information and Planned Recordings", "Recently Deleted Shows" and "Thumb Settings & Suggestions" (followed by the reboots).

4. My Tivo box is NOT in Standby mode. I have also tried these methods with the Virgin Smart card removed from the Tivo box. Same results.

5. The last attempt to connect to the Virgin Media Service states that it "FAILED, UNRECOVERABLE ERROR"

Besides this issue, the Tivo box is also struggling with recording smoothly, as there is heavy pixelation and auditory problems with taped programmes, as well as the same problem if a current programme is paused and then restarted later.

Unless this is a Virgin internal issue, I would suspect that my Tivo box is past its "use by" date and will need to be replaced?

I await your response with much anticipation...

Many thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box: ALL Channels "To be announced" solution

You may wait a little while for a mod towery our box so if you're in a hurry to replace your box (yes it does rather sound like its dying!) ring in for an engineer. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeanoJW,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

Thanks for letting me know the diagnostics you've already carried out! I've located your account and run some checks and I'd like to send you a technician.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged for you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DeanoJW
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh, much appreciated.

I'll check out your PM and get back to you on possible dates.

Have a great day...

0 Kudos