I have been a VIP member for some years now and besides the odd issue, have had good service in general.
This has come abruptly to a halt about a month ago when several channels started showing no programme information data (or "to be announced" in multiple channels). This has steadily deteriorated into every channel now displaying this text for the last two weeks or more.
After reading various similar issues online, I have already completed the following:
1. Rebooted the Tivo box via three methods; via the front Standby button, the rear "on/off" switch and also turned off the electricity at the mains.
2. After rebooting on each occasion, I then selected to start a new "Network Connection" to the Virgin Media Service to load information. All of these attempts have failed (all buffering between 3-5% loading, then remaining at these percentages indefinitely.)
3. Prior to this I also deleted the "Clear Programme Information and Planned Recordings", "Recently Deleted Shows" and "Thumb Settings & Suggestions" (followed by the reboots).
4. My Tivo box is NOT in Standby mode. I have also tried these methods with the Virgin Smart card removed from the Tivo box. Same results.
5. The last attempt to connect to the Virgin Media Service states that it "FAILED, UNRECOVERABLE ERROR"
Besides this issue, the Tivo box is also struggling with recording smoothly, as there is heavy pixelation and auditory problems with taped programmes, as well as the same problem if a current programme is paused and then restarted later.
Unless this is a Virgin internal issue, I would suspect that my Tivo box is past its "use by" date and will need to be replaced?