Menu
jameson2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo back to V plus box?

Hi,

A few weeks ago we got a new Tivo box as a replacement for the old Virgin Plus TV box, the issue is that the new Tivo box is so much slower to use and very frustrating.  Can we swap back to a Virgin Plus box?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo back to V plus box?

it sounds confusing the box swap how many boxes have you got you want to swap from tivo back to original v plus yes you can swap but for tivo it might be difficult because you may have to return tivo before v plus can be installed the forum team can help resolve this jameson2020
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is currently an issue with the TiVo that was introduced in the last software update, which makes it rather slow. VM are currently rolling out a fix, so you should see an improvement soon. The TiVo is a far better system than the old box when it's running properly.

0 Kudos
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tavis75 wrote:

There is currently an issue with the TiVo that was introduced in the last software update, which makes it rather slow. VM are currently rolling out a fix, so you should see an improvement soon. The TiVo is a far better system than the old box when it's running properly.

How do you tell? The damn thing has hardly worked properly since it was introduced.

iPlayer for one has been goosed from day one and the series links are a nightmare now.

0 Kudos
jameson2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just have the one box, its just so slow compared to the old V Plus, when searching for things on catch up, rewinding/fastforwarding is a pain when you cant see the picture moving too.  You press the home button, or Tv button and it takes ages before anything actually happens, and why does it have to now go through I player to watch things on catch up?  I'm just finding it very frustrating to use compared to the old box. 

0 Kudos