Menu
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo asking for pin but hasn't before?

Saying I need to enter pin but never before today. It's recorded stuff (not adult themed). In fact one was location location location. Started today
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo asking for pin but hasn't before?

the nel it will ask for pin because its asking for pin before you view your recording after 2100 you can cancel your pin buy going to settings and looking up recordings listings and cancel the pin once thats cancelled you can view your recordings just go to settings and recordings and cancel pin on recordings jonni
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the pin cannot be turned off when watching movies before 9pm. that's due to ofcom and the government. the stories of little ones watching the texas chainsaw massacre then doing the same or little ones taking drugs because they have seen it on a movie when mum and dad are out.

for those without under 18's in the house it's a constant pain as when i'm flicking around during the day i have to keep putting the pin in during most channel changes on sky cinema. i did query with virgin in the past and said that no one under 18 is visiting at all but i was given the old flannel that a child may sneak in and start watching!
0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Just watched this show 2 nights ago and it didn't ask for pin then, also before 9pm. This pin request has not happened before. The tivo box appears to have altered.
0 Kudos