Menu
SL
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Tivo annoyingly slow.

When I press Guide or My Shows recently the screen will go black and the sound will stop. Eventually the screen and sound come back but it takes a while.

Also when I am navigating through the TV guide it will often freeze.
mattmatt
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo annoyingly slow.

Ours has been like this for some time. Pretty fed up of it now - In fact I'm pretty fed up of Virgin TV. It's rubbish compared to our old BT Vision. For what we pay relative to the service we receive I'm struggling to find a reason to keep the TV part of our package.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear things have slowed down for oyu on the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal and power level wise.  There's also no network issues that I can detect which is great stuff.

Will the slowness occur when changing channels?  I would also like to rule out the remote control being possibly an issue.  To do this, if you can use the buttons on the front of the box to change channel or navigate the menu and let me know if ti's the same or improved.

I'm here to help, keep me posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SL
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have checked and it is not a problem with the remote control.

Yes, sometimes it can be slow when changing channels. But it is mainly when pressing My Shows or Guide that I often get a blank screen. 

I have noticed it happens more often in the evening than at any other time of the day.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

And also thank you for ruling out your remote control as well.  I have taken another look at your box remotely and all is looking as grand as last week when I checked it out.  

There is one thing I'd like to you to do if you don't mind, that is to give the box a reboot and note if there's any immediate improvement.  I'm not expecting this to fix the issue but it will help me investigate this better for you.

If you can let me know when you have rebooted the box and tell me if for a time afterwards if it improves or not, that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is a known fault with Tivo which I have also previously reported here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-Tivo/td-p/2893089. It will be faster after a hard or soft reboot, but will eventually slow down again.
SL
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted my TiVo box and it seemed to help for a few days bt has slowed down again.

I'm also starting to have problems with the Netflix TiVo app... It's been impossible to watch a Netflix show undisturbed because at various points through a show an error message tells me 'We are having problem with this programme'. I then have to re-select the TV show to continue watching. On a few occasions the TV show wont even load and will stop at 45%.

Can these problems be fixed?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI SL,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I will take another look given you're now experiencing issues with Netflix, they could well be related to the original fault you reported.  

Right now there's still no signal issues nor network issues present.

I would like to raise this to one of our teams to investigate further.  It may take a couple of days but I will get back in touch with you when I know more.

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

SL
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette, To add to the TiVo problems, tonight I've got a pixelated ITV... Not sure if it's related to the previous problems.
0 Kudos
SL
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It's getting worse... Now some of my recordings are pixelated.

any chance of getting this fixed asap?

0 Kudos