Menu
herc182
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and amazon instant

Is there a way of watching amazon instant on my tivo box?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and amazon instant

Nope

Since it's lovefilm

They currently have a deal with Netflix
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Torquematrix
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Surely Virgin should have a app available that allows us all to watch Amazon instant. Afterall if you have a smart tv Netflix & AMazon will be downloadable.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Why should they?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Torquematrix wrote:

Surely Virgin should have a app available that allows us all to watch Amazon instant. Afterall if you have a smart tv Netflix & AMazon will be downloadable.

They will if Amazon code an app for TiVo

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi herc182,

We're always looking at improving our services so all suggestions are welcome Smiley Happy

We haven't got any plans for an amazon app currently but who knows what the future will bring Smiley Happy

Eyes and ears close to the ground Smiley Wink

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paultrademark
Well-informed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/mar/20/virgin-media-amazon-talks-video-on-demand?CMP=twt_fd

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo,
XL TV, 200MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
0 Kudos
foj
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There still seems to be no Amazon Instant app available for the Virgin TiVo, is that right or am I missing something?

Is there any chance that Virgin will reach an arrangement with Amazon this year?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

foj wrote:

There still seems to be no Amazon Instant app available for the Virgin TiVo, is that right or am I missing something?

Is there any chance that Virgin will reach an arrangement with Amazon this year?

Thanks.

Of course there's a chance, it may well be that it's all agreed and Amazon are awaiting the roll out of the new firmware so they only have to write the app once, or it may not be agreed, I have no way of knowing and Virgin do not announce deals like this in advance of the release of the app

0 Kudos
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I get Amazon Prime via my LG Blueray player and they also have Netflix, but I usually watch Amazon via my desktop so not really a problem and it's easier to use.

0 Kudos