Menu
martinrdaley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and V+ box infrared remote frequency?

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of installing an AV system which includes locating my Tivo/V+ boxes in a remote location to the TV (purely for aesthetic purposes) I have run the HDMI signal over CAT6 using a Lindy HDMI/iR over CAT6 extender. All working nicely, apart from the infrared signal from the remote! The extender says that it supports infrared signals in the 20-60khz range but I cannot for the life of me relay the Tivo or V+ box ir signal through the supplied receiver/emitters. I have tested the extender equipment and it is definitely able to relay infrared signals for other devices such as an LG TV, Youview Box and Dell Monitor so i'm convinced it must be an incompatibility between the externder and the Tivo box.

My question is therefore, is anyone aware of what frequency the Samsung Tivo and V+ infrared remotes operate at and are they within the supported 20-60khz range of the extender? Has anyone had any success with alternative iR/magic eye/extender hardware?

I have the 500Gb SMT-C7100 by Samsung

0 Kudos
martinrdaley
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box remote Infrared frequency and iR extender?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing an AV system which includes locating my Tivo/V+ boxes in a remote location to the TV (purely for aesthetic purposes) I have run the HDMI signal over CAT6 using a Lindy HDMI/iR over CAT6 extender. All working nicely, apart from the infrared signal from the remote! The extender says that it supports infrared signals in the 20-60khz range but I cannot for the life of me relay the Tivo or V+ box ir signal through the supplied receiver/emitters. I have tested the extender equipment and it is definitely able to relay infrared signals for other devices such as an LG TV, Youview Box and Dell Monitor so i'm convinced it must be an incompatibility between the externder and the Tivo box.

My question is therefore, is anyone aware of what frequency the Samsung Tivo and V+ infrared remotes operate at and are they within the supported 20-60khz range of the extender? Has anyone had any success with alternative iR/magic eye/extender hardware?

I have the 500Gb SMT-C7100 by Samsung

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box remote Infrared frequency and iR extender?

They defiantly work because other people have used them, they do however have to be placed carefully I believe, I think the tivo receiver is by the lights on the left of the box (looking from the front) and easy way to check if the signal is transmitting is to use a phone camera and look at the transmission led with it, you should see it flashing 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and V+ box infrared remote frequency?

Hi martindaley

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing, unfortunately I don't know the answer to this off the top of my head but I wanted to let you know that I've asked around for you as soon as I hear back, I'll be in touch.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinrdaley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The completion of the home AV installation is hinging on this! Smiley Happy

Lookinf farward to a response!

0 Kudos
LondonHans
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I spent a frustrating 8 or so hours over several days trying to set up an IR booster to work with my Virgin/Samsung C7100 set top box. Looking for advice on where the transmitter was located etc etc.  And getting nowhere. It turned out to be operator error. My new Sony TV had a cycle of asking me to press 'Test' and seeing if the box responded with a PAGE UP. Wrongly, I pressed the PAGE UP button. Spent hours moving the IR sensors around different parts of the front on the box, and doing online research.  The simple answer was to click on the 'Test' icon on screen and if that changed the channel up, the handset now controlled the set top box too.  Sometimes I should keep it simple!

0 Kudos