Menu
TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and V+ Box have conflicting TV GUIDES.

The tv guides for several channels on the Tivo and V+ Box have different programmes on the same channels displayed, how can The V+ Box have the correct show on its guide and yet the Tivo Box have the wrong show on its guide, both being on the same channel at the same time, we were all led to believe that The Tivo Box is by far the more superior, and yet time after time The Tivo Box displays the wrong programme on its guide, how can we record programmes with any confidence, this reminds me of 3D TV we were told that was the future, now nobodies bothered with it, it seems now that Virgin have sold their quota of Tivo Box's they can't be bothered to get the basics right, and won't respond to a simple complaint, I AM STILL WAIT ING FOR A REPLY ON HERE, but am not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and V+ Box have conflicting TV GUIDES.

Have you e-mailed the dedicated e-mail address for guide errors? They usually resolve these things pretty quickly once they are notified.

The TV guides for the TiVo and the V+ box are compiled by different companies, hence they can vary if one company makes a mistakes (or the channel changes their schedule between the different guides being compiled).

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

which channels are different?

0 Kudos
TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday E4 and all the sky sports channels at different times through the week especially Sky Sports 1 , and the list goes on. Check out Sky Sports 1 at 2 00 am on Saturday morning, the V+ Box has Live Boxing on, The Tivo Box has Barclays Premier League on.

0 Kudos
TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It Seems like someone at Virgin has read my post, Tivo guide has been corrected, but I hope this is going to be kept up, and not just a single response to my complaint.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Or perhaps the updates have now been sent to and actioned by all concerned.

Some EPGs get updated quicker than others when the broadcaster has direct access to them.

It is quite normal for Sky changes made over the weekend to not actually be sent out to listings companies until the Monday.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well how do you explain when a V+ Box has got, for example Couples Come Dine With Me on the TV schedule, and the Tivo Box has a film called Penelope on that TV schedule, last Sunday at the same time on E4, and it was the V+ Box that had the correct show on the guide, even when the programme was actually on , it seems that you are making excuses for Virgin, and who ever gave you a Kudos mark obviously doesn't have a clue what's going on, it's a bloody shambles.
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the epg data is prepared by different "sub contractors". I'm pretty sure that the TiVo epg is still handled  by Tribune, the older boxes I'm not so sure but's it's not Tribune (redbee perhaps).

i guess there's no cross verification of these two sources which leads to the mismatch.

i know it's of little value to you and your current situation but Tribune and their epg provision is far better than it has been in the past, VM have done a far better job of keeping them on their toes than TiVo themselves did over the 10+ years prior to VM taking on the TiVo we're currently using.

ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I gave a possible explaination in my previous post!

Having worked in listings I have often see one EPG update before the updates are sent out for those to be updated manually.

Sky sometimes update their own EPG days before they send out updates for other EPG providers to action.

On a Monday morning - some broadcasters send out the updates for the programmes they moved over the weekend when no updates were sent for EPG companies to update.

I'll say it clearer as you missed it the first time:

a channel may have direct access to one epg but not another

V+ and TiVo are different EPGs

so it could be that a broadcaster updates V+ data directly but did not send out an update in time for TiVo to be updated

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But Tivo never corrected it's tv guide, it had the wrong programme on its guide, even when it was supposed to be on, how on earth are we supposed to record anything, when it may not even be the programme that is being advertised on the Tivo guide, someone is getting paid to do this job and is obviously not up to the mark.
0 Kudos