Menu
RichPope
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and Super Hub wall connections

Hi, I have 2 wall connections. First downstairs - this used to have an old ntl or cabletel cable box attached many moons ago. Second upstairs - this is my broadband to the pc upstairs. Can I attach a VM Tivo box to the downstairs wall connection as well as keeping the broadband connected to the upstairs wall connection without any probs ? Do they need to be coming out of the (newer) upstairs wall connection via a splitter and a very long cable leading to the TV downstairs?

All or any feedback gratefully received! Thanks

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and Super Hub wall connections

Downstairs should be fine. If you get a new TiVo installed it will have to be done by an engineer anyway, so they'll make any necessary adjustments.
0 Kudos
RichPope
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying, the Tivo and Super Hub are being delivered by courier on tues - no mention of an engineer. I think it is for me to set it up....Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, must be wrong then, thought it was a little more complicated than 'plug it in and turn it on'.

Well fingers crossed then, if you have any problems call 150 for free from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 (paid) from any other phone, or wait for a few days for admins to see and reply to your post here.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichPope,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are going? 

I'm here to help should you need me and it would be great to have an update as to how your Self-Install went Smiley Happy

I look forward  to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RichPope
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All sorted thank you. Was up and running in a jiffy. My only problem being that I cannot get the Tivo and Remote Control to recognise my Sony KDL32W706c TV so that I can control the TV using the Tivo RC - I have tried numerous codes, numerous times but with no joy. Is there a specific code for this TV that you could give me please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichPope,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear all went through ok for you, that's great news.

In relation to your remote control I will pop this Remote Control guide here incase it is useful for you.  If you are unable to find the correct code for your TV set then you will need to contact the supplier of the TV set.  

Keep us posted on your progress.  If you need anything else at all, just shout Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos