Menu
Main3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo & V Box picture keeps dropping out and now the HDMI has packed up.

Recently I've been getting annoyed because the pic & sound keeps dropping out (at all hours) then seeing a message come up with a W02 code attached. I am assuming Virgin are attempting to upgrade the EPG/software on the 2 boxes within the house.

So I end up having to do all the usual things like switching the power off & on the 2 boxes, thinking that will sort the problem out but alas the picture keeps dropping out and its starting to really annoying especially because it happens at all hours and peak time evening viewing.

Now to top it all off, the HDMI output on either my television or the V Box has packed up and buggered up all the other TV HDMI connections in the process. This has happen before with a previous V Box and all the engineer did was swap the box but it didnt sort out the main HDMI problem. But some weeks later the HDMI came back on, much surprise from myself as well. I dont know how, what or why but obviously happy it worked again because I nearly ended up forking out a fortune for a new TV which I really could have done without.

Obviously something that Virgin are zapping down the line is messing up the HDMI circuitry on the V Box and I'm getting p***ed off having to ring Virgin and going through that damn menu selection all the time. So I'm really hoping someone on this forum can come up with some sort of solution before I start taking drastic action.

Thanking you.

P.S How bloody funny!!! As I was typing this message, the picture just dropped out AGAIN!!! Come on Virgin, get it together or give me some refund for lack of service.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo & V Box picture keeps dropping out and now the HDMI has packed up.

Hi Main3

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I'd like to take a closer look and run some tests on the line for you but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately. 

Would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information so I can run some tests on the line? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, once I'm able to take a closer look we'll see what can be done to get this resolved for you.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Main3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

STILL having trouble with Tivo & V Box? WHERE IS THE HEAD ENGINEER?

This message is a continuation of a previous problem I'm having with my Virgin service.

So I am STILL having problems with my Tivo & V Box, which kept dropping out all the time and comes up with a W02 message on the screen.

Virgin finally managed to send an engineer round to my home and all that happen was, the engineer checking all the connections to both boxes except for a booster box which is situated in a very difficult place (at the time) within the household, so couldn't get to it then. The engineer went off with most items "checked off" and then gave me the Head Engineer's mobile number and told me if I had anymore problems, I should contact the Head Engineer and see what he can do.

Well, I have tried to contact this Head Engineer on FOUR occasions, either by leaving a answerphone message or by text message asking him to contact me on either my home number or by my mobile number and guess what, I haven't heard a sausage from this engineer at all.

He's not bother to reply to any of the messages we have left him, so here we are again, on the forums again.

Lets see if this message will wake somebody up at the Virgin Offices and get somebody out of bed to fix this problem because I am going to get a tad short tempered with Virgin at this rate.

Oh! I also know of a neighbour (down the road) with Virgin TV services as well, who is also having the same problem as myself. So I dont think its anything to do with our connections, do you?

Finally Virgin Media now have the cheek to tell me you are going to charge me an extra £3 a month for BT Sport etc, a channel I do not watch and if given the choice (which there isn't) would not have in my listings.

I really hope I hear something from either this forum or from the invisible Head Engineer of this area very soon because I can hear SKY ringing me up with a very good deal soon!! Smiley Frustrated

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: STILL having trouble with Tivo & V Box? WHERE IS THE HEAD ENGINEER?

Hi Main3

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm really sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with your service and that you have not yet heard back from the head engineer.

I can still see some problems showing when testing your connection. As this was not resolved previously I will escalate this to a principal engineer visit to look into this for you. I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) to get this organised.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos