Menu
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 1 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Tivo & Samsung "Smart" TV

Hi got a new Samsung Smart TV, the remote is suppose to work the Set top box as well, but it just wont link in, the TV wont even show the Virgin area im in, and just "Bounces Back to "B.SkyB", has anyone got their smart TV to work the Tivo Box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo & Samsung "Smart" TV

The Tivo isn't CEC compatible 

0 Kudos
EJC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I have got it working and can change channels on tivo with voice control through the tv. Haven't actually tried the remote. Set it up a while back so cant really remember how but you have pair the devices. good luck.

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Same boat, I'm afraid. Both TV remotes control the volume and change channels (including writing it on the track pad), I set it up a couple of months ago, but I can't remember how, except it must have been easy or I'd remember. I don't actually use the TV remote though - I control the TV with the Tivo remote as I don't use the smart functions. Not much help, sorry.

0 Kudos
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 5 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Is that a "Definitive" answer?, as 1 peson on this thread,(and other sites) say they've done it, thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 81
Flag for a moderator

TiVo definitely isn't CEC compatible at the moment. If you are programming the remote though, try pretending TiVo is a V+ box or V box - the remote codes are the same.

You won't have access to some of the functions, but the core functions will work.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 7 of 81
Flag for a moderator

The Tivo R/C has been programmed to adjust the Vol & switch off.  Im talking about the Samsung Remote operating Tivos channel change & FF/FRW.. Someone on "AV forums" swears he has done this.! thanks anyway.

How, excatly do you "pretend" its a V-Box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 81
Flag for a moderator

roddydogs wrote:

How, excatly do you "pretend" its a V-Box?

I'd assume there are code lists that you put in based on the box model? e.g. whether it's Freesat, Freeview, Sky etc?

So if there is one listing for Virgin Media or V Box use that rather any anything that says TiVo - as those will likely be for the US version.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 9 of 81
Flag for a moderator

No, you dont use codes anymore, you type in you post code, it then comes up with a list, even if i put in VM, it still says "B.SkyB", it just wont accept Virgin.

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 81
Flag for a moderator

When I press "Source" it shows as "HDMI1 Virgin Media". So presumably in the set up I only had the choice of "Virgin Media" rather than specifically Tivo and it accepted it. Have you been through the options in the support menu on the TV to see if anything helps?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos