Menu
BarryT
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo affected by storms

We had bad thunder storms on Saturday and Sunday and our Tivo box badly pixellated on some channels.  Also recordings were fouled up - jumping backwards and forwards then stopping altogether half way through the programme on More4. 

The picture even rolled a few times, bringing back memories of the very old tvs which needed a thump on top.  

The Tivo is mostly fine otherwise but I can't understand why it is so badly affected as to be unusable during thunder storms.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo affected by storms

Hi BarryT,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

We certainly have had some stormy weather around these last few days.  I'm sorry to hear you have experienced disruption with the picture on your channels and disruption with recordings.

I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely with the boxes and there is a detectable signal fault that needs fixing.  An engineer will be able to get this sorted for you. 

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BarryT,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

We certainly have had some stormy weather around these last few days.  I'm sorry to hear you have experienced disruption with the picture on your channels and disruption with recordings.

I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely with the boxes and there is a detectable signal fault that needs fixing.  An engineer will be able to get this sorted for you. 

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed that I have no on demand video from my Tivo.  There is nothing wrong with my TV as I can watch recordings and DTV. I've just logged a report and they are sending an engineer down tomorrow. I thought this fault is more than likely external because of the weather why sending an engineer - it was working last night.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wing, 

Thanks for coming by to us here and posting your comments.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues on the TV there, I've been into your account and have found a detectable fault. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Please get back to me when you can Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos