Menu
Maebee71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - Very frustrated

Hi

Been having issues with VM and their tech team don't seem very helpful. I live in peterborough and have area code 22. However, I can only watch local news and weather on BBC and ITV if I don't use HD. If I try to watch News on HD I have to watch from Kent on ITV and Essex on BBC. This means I'm not able to use the pause/ rewind button and have to switch between channels. VM said that Peterborough don't hold the contract to broadcast HD in my area but this sounds wrong. Cambridgeshire is a large county and I don't see how this is correct. If I watch TV on a different box 'not Tivo' then the channels are different again. Am I being lied to? I've also been told my slow and freezing WiFi connection is because I don't have equipment 'hard wired' and WiFi speed is only guaranteed when my phone etc is cabled to router!
Really?!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very frustrated

HI Maebee71

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

To confirm, when you view BBC and ITV in HD, are you not able to pause or rewind? We don't control the geographical content that you'll see but if you're not able to use the box to pause or rewind then there could be a fault with it.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maebee71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. Thank you for your feedback. Yes I can pause and rewind but my point was that if I watch itv HD and then pause whilst i leave the room and the news comes on I end up missing my local news as I have to change to standard itv so lose what I've paused. Every itv/bbc channel in my house on both tivo and the standard box shows a different area. I'm in peterborough but I get Brighton, Southend, Norwich and Birmingham news and weather
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maebee71

In the future, if you feel you want to watch the news while a program you also want to watch is on, press record on the show you want to keep for later and you won't lose anythingMan Happy

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos