Menu
Haynej1
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Update

Just wanted to say the update has worked for us! Tivo has gone from being largely unusable (we had resorted to using Roku stick over Virgin!) to flying!

Should have been done months ago but great to see something work now!

0 Kudos
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Update

Mine too. Works perfectly fine now. But why so long to fix a national issue?

0 Kudos
fergiet
Superfast
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Haynej1 wrote:

Just wanted to say the update has worked for us! Tivo has gone from being largely unusable (we had resorted to using Roku stick over Virgin!) to flying!

Ours ( in Edinburgh ) is much improved, not perfect but ok. We use Amazon Fire box for Netflix and iPlayer etc so no buffering.

But why did they not test the last software first ? All this hasle could have been avoided.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

fergiet wrote:

Haynej1 wrote:

Ours ( in Edinburgh ) is much improved, not perfect but ok. We use Amazon Fire box for Netflix and iPlayer etc so no buffering.

But why did they not test the last software first ? All this hasle could have been avoided.

Testing, VM, don't make me laugh.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The last Software was Tested. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
boxer
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It might have been tested but something major was missed and we have all suffered! Some acknowledgment and timely updates would have helped!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tidus wrote:

The last Software was Tested. 

Then there is obviously something wrong, either with the testing processes/procedures or the choice of testers. Or somebody is not being honest with us.

Just in case you hadn't noticed.

2015 update - Dolby Digital removed from Samsung boxes and apparently not noticed in the "testing".

2016 update - The update resulted in the Tivo software running very slowly, apparently not noticed in the "testing". If you read these forums you might have noticed that, together with the fact that it has been acknowledged by VM. Hence the new update. Has that been "tested" to the same standards as the previous updates?

If so God help us.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was not involved in the testing of the new version.
I was however involved in the testing of the last update so I do not need to read the forums to know what was and was not spotted during the testing of the TiVo Software.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
TonyM
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not Fully ENOUGH as Mine has been bad since last Year!!

and The latest update has improved things Considerably! But not as good as it was!!!

Vivid 300 +V 6 Rocks EXCEPT with AV AMPS
!!!! Shame Anywhere that is NOT on mobile network when out
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tidus wrote:

I was not involved in the testing of the new version.
I was however involved in the testing of the last update so I do not need to read the forums to know what was and was not spotted during the testing of the TiVo Software.

That would suggest that the problems were seen during the testing. It would also suggest that VM decided to release the software despite negative reports from those testing. That is what I have been trying to find out.

Pretty shocking that VM should release an update they know is buggy. As I have a background in the IT industry I have said in a previous post that it is sometimes acceptable to release software that still has some bugs but for a company to release software that has showstoppers is not only bad practice but can also be commercial suicide. 

The number of customers who seem to be leaving are the result.

So the latest update may indeed be up to VM's normal standards. Wonder what the situation is with the V6. Are you testing that?

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos