Menu
carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo UI

Is anything going to be done about the sluggish Tivo UI. Graphics redraws, page changes, scrolling, they are all really slow. If Tivo is busy recording,  some of these operations can take upwards of 10 seconds!

I don't know if it's hardware or the network serving the images etc, but I wish it was solved.

V6
200 Mbps
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo UI

Hi carlgoss,

Thanks for your post and apologies that the menu is painfully slow for you. 

I've not been able to check your account to make sure there is no underlying issues. 

I've sent you a private message requesting some information. When I have your reply I can look further into this for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mantonl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. The Tivo sluggish problem was caused by the last firmware update and there is no news on a fix as yet. Please see http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Well-done-Tivo-Firmare-Update-Team/td-p/2576008
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi carlgoss,

Just checking back with you, as we haven't received a response regarding your issue with your TiVo®. 

Please respond to the private message that Kath sent you on Monday, so we can investigate this for you.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't find the interface that sluggish if I'm honest.  The only time it is slightly slow is when the TiVo first turns on - for a few seconds its a little slow (like it needs time to warm up!!!) but after that, mine is generally fine!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi carlgoss, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your details Smiley Happy

I've taken a look at your account and currently things are looking good. There are a few minor timeouts however a reboot of the TiVo® will clear these for you. 

Power the TiVo® down for around 5 minutes before letting it start back up again. This should help.

If you have any further issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos