Menu
omendata
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Tv Listings Dont Stay On Screen When Program Is Selected - Minor annoyance

Rather annoying - My Talktalk youview box tv listings stay on screen when you select a program - not so the Tivo - perhaps a customer suggestion for improvement.

Also when using the tv listings and selecting a program it always goes back to position 1 on the tv listings - better to have it stay at the current position.

Tivo has some good things and so does Youview - it shoulkdnt be that hard to build a box with all of them!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Tv Listings Dont Stay On Screen When Program Is Selected - Minor annoyance

I like that it disappears from the screen! Wouldn't want it to change

to get a guide that stays at the channel you're on press 'OK' instead of guide. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Tv Listings Dont Stay On Screen When Program Is Selected - Minor annoyance

omendata wrote:

Rather annoying - My Talktalk youview box tv listings stay on screen when you select a program - not so the Tivo - perhaps a customer suggestion for improvement.

Also when using the tv listings and selecting a program it always goes back to position 1 on the tv listings - better to have it stay at the current position.

Tivo has some good things and so does Youview - it shoulkdnt be that hard to build a box with all of them!

I hate both of these suggestions, why would you want to listing to stay on screen hiding the picture, and the fact you were watching channel 206 (for example) doesn't mean the next channel you watch will be a higher number

omendata
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe i should clarify - I use the viewing box in the top right of the listing so i can see what is on screen all the time even though i move down the listings and being able to select a program and see it in the small tv preview box is useful. It sounds like you havent tried this excellent setting but I am a techie and know the box inside out so have fiddled with every setting on these boxes and the preview overlay is very useful you should try it if you havent seen it before! And you are a superuser apparently lol

Well the second point i usually go down the listing from 1 to the end checking what is on - if i select something and dont like what it is i want to be able to check the next one on the list and not have to start from channel 1 again. Not sure what you mean but my listing are sorted in logical numeric order so the next channel would be 207 not that it matters , its the ability to start from where you left off and continue down the listings until you get to the end!

That is how my Talktalk Youview , Starview and all of my other Satellite boxes i have had in the past work and I prefer it!
Even the Skyboxes and the real US Tivo boxes do it but these Cisco Virgin boxes wont for some design reason?

Just a matter of usage i guess - some people are logical and some people are random users!

I am a systems programmer so that probably has something to do with my stepwise logic captain!

Live long and prosper

Na noo na noo

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok go into settings. Home-help and settings-settings-display and subtitles- video window 

sometimes I lose the video window to fix I turn it off here then on again  reboot  it should work  

as for the channel listings again I refer that it goes back to 101  a lot of people will do  

if I want to progress from whatever channel I'm on I simply look at the video window it says which channel I'm watching I pres say 207 and the guide goes straight there  easy peasey 

0 Kudos