Menu
MarkBe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo TV pixelation on certain channels such as E4

I realise this topic has been discussed before, but my Tivo Virgin TV V6 box is not working for certain channels. Most are OK.

E4 (106) is badly pixelated, but E4 HD (145) is OK.

ITV2 (115) shows a message "There is a problem with the signal on this channel". Same with ITV3 (117) and ITV4 (118). But the HD ITV2,3 and 4 are OK.

This isn't a huge problem because the HD versions are better anyway and work fine. Picture quality is fantastic.

There are also some other channels that don't work. The above are just examples.

I looked at the diagnostics on the Virgin TV V6 box. On all 6 tuners (0 > 5), Signal Strength is 100% and SNR is between 40 dB and 42 dB on all. There are some counts of RS uncorrected on some tuners.

Just wondering why and can it be fixed. Does this need an engineer visit, can it be fixed remotely, or is there something I can do?

My phone and broadband work perfectly as do most of my TV channels, so I'm actually a happy customer.

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo TV pixelation on certain channels such as E4

Hi MarkBe,

Welcome to the Community, always a pleasure to meet a happy customer!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with pixilation.

I've run diagnostics and I can see an issue with SNR (signal to noise ratio) in your area which is likely to be causing the issue - F005687657. Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 24th October 2017.

If you're still having trouble past the review date just let me know and I'll check it out for you.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MarkBe
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo TV pixelation on certain channels such as E4

Thanks for following up on this. I'll report back after that date to see if it is better.

Mark

0 Kudos