Menu
OpiumEater
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo TV guide: To be announced

Can not get the tv guide on our Tivo box to work, every channel stays to be announced. Have tried to reboot it, but no luck.

Any ideas anyone?

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo TV guide: To be announced

Try Home - help - settings - network - connect to the virgin media service now. 

If that doesn't solve it call it in as a fault. The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try Home - help - settings - network - connect to the virgin media service now. 

If that doesn't solve it call it in as a fault. The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

pjl20
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same fault appearing on my TV Guide/Planner for many channels incl. all BBC.

I have followed the steps on the TV screen and phoned 150. I switched off at the mains as the engineer told me and waited severl minutes prior to switching on again. Result? No improvement.

Here in this part of Yorkshire, Virgin media seem to be having some technical problems that are difficult and re taking months to resolve. Why?

I have been a customer for less than 3-months

0 Kudos
pjl20
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media must be aware of this fault ' TV Guide: To Be Announced' as I have phoned 150 and told them about it.

Despite following the engineer's instructions and switching the TIVO box off and waiting, then switching it on again after several minutes, the problem remains.

What is especially irritating is that the on-screen message constantly appears spoiling the viewing of programmes, which of course can still be selectred using the virgin channel number

0 Kudos
Darrenw1967
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, it started with the software upgrade to series link +, this upgrade has downgraded the TiVo box to unusable.
0 Kudos
Jude2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem a few weeks ago, all of a sudden the guide updated and everything worked ok.  Today I noticed my tv guide now says to be announced from Sunday 18th September onwards, have tried forcing a cconnection hasn't seemed to make a difference .  Vm must be aware that something isn't working properly . Luckily I have a week to go before all my channels show to be announced, hopefully they will fix it by then

0 Kudos
pjl20
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo TV guide: To be announced shows in screen

The Virgin media engineer visited today and found a faulty component. Also, the system was not fully checked for service on the original date of installation back in June.

0 Kudos
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue as it seems do a lot of other people...

This happened a few weeks ago (before I got my box replaced) & Virgin denied all knowledge of it happening and it magically cleared itself the day before the "to be announced" listings were scheduled.

It really isn't good enough when they keep increasing the cost and this stops THEIR Series Link+ from working.

I have to be announced from 1st October on all 5 main channels & all their variants, plus Gold & W. I will be away that weekend, so I just have to hope that my Series Links on those channels will sort themselves out?? Not to mention any new shows which might come on at that time.

This is not what I pay a considerable amount for - and it's a basic issue. A copy of the Radio Times isn't that expensive! 

I seem to be saying this a lot lately: Sort it out, Virgin!

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TBA on October 1st for the terrestrials (and their "family" channels on the most part) is to be expected, they'll start to arrive from tomorrow through the weekend - as per publishing day for the Radio/TV Times magazines.

once the weekend passes you'll see the EPG is populated up to the "weekend after next" i.e. up to 13/14 days, only the paid for multi channels have a rolling, daily updated, EPG.

0 Kudos
martinradman
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A FAT LOT OF GOOD THAT DID ME! Three phone calls later and I still have the fault

0 Kudos