Menu
jasonjak999
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Sound dropping out

Has anyone else experienced their Tivo box's sound dropping out? Sound keeps dropping out every now and again on various different channels.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is it time to call out an engineer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Sound dropping out

go to the tivo sound options and change the audio to PCM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasonjak999,

That doesn't sound to good!! (mind the pun Smiley Wink )

Did dannylau's suggestion work or are you still having problems?

Let me know so we can help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jasonjak999
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No the previous suggestion did not work. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasonjak999,

Thanks for letting me know.

I've looked abit further into the account and can see no errors with your signal errors or any area faults. It's strange that it's at random times so not really any pattern.

Have you got a sound system connected? Sometimes these drop the sound every so often.

If not the only other option would be to send an engineer round. I've sent you a PM to get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zeke
Rising star
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

jasonjak999 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced their Tivo box's sound dropping out? Sound keeps dropping out every now and again on various different channels.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is it time to call out an engineer?

Very occasionally, when some channels switch from DD 2.0 (for ad breaks) to DD 5.1 (for movies and some TV shows that have surround).  As it's such a small issue and doesn't come up much there's nothing to fix.  Although in your case it sounds like the signal levels are off which is a different thing entirely.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Samsung LE32C530, Virgin Media TiVo, Acer Revo R3610 HTPC 4TB, Xbox 360 Halo Slim, Sony PS2HDD, Sony STR-DE595 Home Cinema Amp
0 Kudos
PeterSVP
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just to say that for the last few days I have also noticed very brief, infrequent drops in sound both on live and recently recorded programmes. This is a new development, having made no adjustments or changes to the Tivo box or TV system other than the recent update made for us. So far we have lived with this and attempted no corrective adjustments. See how it develops.

0 Kudos
LeonH
Superfast
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

PeterSVP wrote:

Just to say that for the last few days I have also noticed very brief, infrequent drops in sound both on live and recently recorded programmes. This is a new development, having made no adjustments or changes to the Tivo box or TV system other than the recent update made for us. So far we have lived with this and attempted no corrective adjustments. See how it develops.

I agree. I have noticed this recently following the update.

Particularly on recorded programmes, perhaps once an hour, a brief gap in the sound for about a second.

Was not there before the update.

0 Kudos
matt294
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

LeonH wrote:

PeterSVP wrote:

I agree. I have noticed this recently following the update.

Particularly on recorded programmes, perhaps once an hour, a brief gap in the sound for about a second.

Was not there before the update.

Same here. Smiley Sad

I'm getting sound drops with recorded programmes, but also getting picture freezing just for a second or two occasionally.

The TiVo box is having to be reset more often as it gets a little confused with my commands.

All was ok before the update.

0 Kudos
jasonjak999
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your responses. Looks like the update has caused the problem, I will wait to see if it settles down!

0 Kudos