Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Snail

Hi Robert180,

I'd like you to try clearing background data on the TiVo® to try and help speed it up.

Just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

Hope that helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well Mr Virgin your annoucement of a new tivo 6.. Perhaps you should send me one double quick because I am fed up with your rubbish Tivo box. Yet again it is going at a snails pace. With quite frankly a rubbish picture and recordings. Now I have almost the 2000 windows sign going around and around so I dont expect to sign a super contract and have a quite frankly rubbish service as you have my account details perhaps someone from the UK can ring me after 3.30 and explain why the Tivo box is such a piece of rubbish and not tell me my box is within parameters' and then perhaps we can arrange a separation and cancel my contract with no penalty's so I can go back to Sky and get a decent picture and recordings..
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert180,

Thank you for your mesage, I'm sorry it's come to making you feel this way.

I have been into the account and can see that the TiVo is running well with no timeouts or issues with any downstreams currently.

I would recommend the following to help speed things up for you:-

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

I'm unable to call from here but I hope that this is working for you a bit faster soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos