Menu
Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Snail

Yes. Dear Virgin Media after your update my Tivo box is slower than a snail the TV service picture and box is nothing like the sky tv I had for many years. Poor quality recordings box cancelling recordings at a whim. And yes the box has been reset time and time again. After my contract finishes I will be going back to SKY all my family notice the poor standard definition picture. My Freeview on an old analogue aeriel gives me a better picture it seems there are lots of dissatisfied customer's so please do something about it. And give your customers a time scale as to when the fixes will be applied.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Snail

Hi Robert180, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your TiVo® has been running slower than normal since the new update. 

Checking the account all is looking good from this end. Your signal levels and input levels are spot on, there are no issues with timeouts and the power levels are perfect too. 

I can see the up time is currently 8 days so the best thing to do is turn the TiVo® off by unplugging it and leave off for around 5 minutes. Plug back in and wait for the TiVo® to be fully set up again before trying to navigate your way through the menus. 

Has this improved things? 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As well as Kath's suggestion about removing the power for a couple of mins, try (on remote) pressing

thumbs up, thumbs down, play, play.

You should hear a beep and the box should be better. Not brilliant, but better. And you won't lose any recordings or series links you might have set up up already. 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Argy wrote:

As well as Kath's suggestion about removing the power for a couple of mins, try (on remote) pressing

thumbs up, thumbs down, play, play.

You should hear a beep and the box should be better. Not brilliant, but better. And you won't lose any recordings or series links you might have set up up already. 

Just a slight amendment to this, I think you need to press Home then thumbs up, thumbs down, play, play

Argy
Rising star
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Doh!
Yep, quite right. Forgot to mention that it had to be done from the home screen!

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies but the box is very slow to respond when told by the Virgin rep who sold me the package the on demand service was super fast. Sorry but that is a lie it takes for ever to load when my sky box would record on demand to watch later with Virgin I have to watch it immediately. It is so slow to respond to even watch a recording which makes me somewhat frustrated and to want to throw the stupid box out of the window all the menus are super slow. I would of expected greater from this service no wonder I got such a good deal on the cheap the wireless 3 router is such rubbish the only way to get a good connection was to hardwire it. And being told by Virgin themselves to turn it into a hub and buy a router to make it better does not seem right. Perhaps they should supply a wireless router with the hub 3 .. Come on get this sorted Virgin perhaps a new latest box might help. It might be quicker that the current one..

Virgin I eagerly await your response...
0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is there any way we can go back to the old firmware ?

The old firmware was already too slow but this version Is much worse. The Tivo hardware is just too antiquated for these software updates

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert180

I'm really sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've located your account to re-run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any further issues from our end. Do you know if this issue occurs at certain times of the day or is it all the time?

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The tivo snail is back again..it seems even slower than before come on Virgin get your act in gear I don't want to have to reset the box every week. Never had any problems with my sky box. I wonder if I can reject the Virgin service under the consumer protection act as being not fit for purpose as it is so slow but advertises a super fast service.. I await your response along with thousands of dissatisfied customer's.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Very Strange - my box was fast but is now even faster since the update!
0 Kudos