Menu
sidharthnayyar
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo + Smart TV

Hi,

I have the tivo set top box and have bought a Smart TV. I called Virgin prior to getting Smart TV and asked if I can connect the smart tv to tivo through the ethernet port at the back of the tivo - they said I could. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Do I have to do something to get this to work?

Kind regards

Sidharth

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo + Smart TV

sidharthnayyar wrote:

Hi,

I have the tivo set top box and have bought a Smart TV. I called Virgin prior to getting Smart TV and asked if I can connect the smart tv to tivo through the ethernet port at the back of the tivo - they said I could. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Do I have to do something to get this to work?

Kind regards

Sidharth

not possible, bum information unfortunately.

you can connect TiVo to your SuperHub but all that does is add smartphone/tablet app remote control functionality.

what were you hoping for?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo + Smart TV

You can:

1) Connect the TiVO to the TV via HDMI to watch channels, view recordings & use the TiVO apps.

2) Connect the Ethernet cable from the TV to your Superhub (not the TiVO) to use the apps on the TV.

Thats about it really.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos