Menu
Zchlong
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Schedule showing wrong Episode Titles preventing Recording

My Tivo box constantly fails to record my series links due to virgin medias inability to have the correct episode titles shown on the EPG. Most recent example in a long list is the latest episode of Alaskan Bush People Shown last night on discovery instead of being advertised as what it was which was season4 episode4 it was and still is scheduled as season3 episode6 Dead in the Water.

If like me you have your Tivo set to only record new Episodes then this episode will never be recorded because as far as your Tivo is concerned it is an episode from a year ago this ineptness by virgin media has already caused me to stop watching many of my favourite shows as it inevitably ruins the time line of the shows..........I pay over 70pounds a month for my Tivo broadband and phone you would of thought that for that money you could at least get the TV listings correct the excuse that you only use the info provided by Broadcasters just won't wash with me as lets be honest it is in VM's best interest to get their scheduling correct why is no one checking these listings before they are uploaded to the box especially when it is brand new content.

It is obvious that no one checks the TV listings for mistakes as every repeat of this episode is also wrongly advertised so unless you are aware of VM's ineptness you would be forgiven for thinking there simply isn't a season4 ep4 the same as there is no concluding part to fast and louds racing a junkyard porsche episode according to VM's scheduling......Both prime time shows watched by millions..........What is the point in having Series links when you cant even get the listings correct?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Schedule showing wrong Episode Titles preventing Recording

Any genuine guide errors can always be emailed to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - although if the Sky guide is wrong as well, then it suggests the broadcaster has the fault.

The team monitoring that account won't always reply, but they're pretty good at getting errors fixed in a few days after emailing.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Zchlong
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I guess I am the only one affected by this then oh well maybe I will just get a sky box instead see if that is any better
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

looks like it's wrong on Sky as well

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also according to IMDB season 4 has only had one episode 

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Any genuine guide errors can always be emailed to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - although if the Sky guide is wrong as well, then it suggests the broadcaster has the fault.

The team monitoring that account won't always reply, but they're pretty good at getting errors fixed in a few days after emailing.

0 Kudos